First off, I was awarded the Liebster Blog Award by MsStitcher and I couldn't more tickled. Now comes the long part. I am going to copy and paste what MsStitcher has to say about it, so here it is:
This Award is given by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition. Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, favourite or beloved so I feel quite honoured to get this.
The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
So now that that's out of the way, here comes the fun part; the actual naming of whom I'm going to award this to.
1. Anime Stitching: This blog is about her projects, and boy are they HUGE. I absolutely love watching the progress. Another good thing about her is that she has tons of anime/video game related cross stitch patterns up. They aren't necessarily on her blog, but she does have an offsite webpage that shows them off. It helps that I have stitched quite a few of those patterns, and they are fabulous!!
2. Starrley Stitching Shop: This blog mostly has her finished projects, but they are absolutely fabulous!! She's a cross stitcher and an embroiderer, which makes some of her projects that more wonderful.
3. A Crafty Blog: This is another gifted stitcher with some interesting pieces. She just started an Etsy shop (so says her blog) so I'm hoping this will help her along.
4. Gatchastitch: Another wonderful cross stitcher. She does a lot of blackwork, which I find fascinating, but don't have the patience to do all that backstitching. Anyway, she also makes a lot of patterns, none of which that I've made personally, but they are quite pretty.
5. NerdStitch: Another great blog! She, however, does not do cross stitch, but creates amigurami, which basically means she creates fabulous dolls using knitting/crochet techniques. They are fabulously cute, and I can't wait to see more from her.
Now for the random facts:
1. I have 2 older brothers
2. I play the clarinet and I can play the tenor sax and trumpet
3. I have 2 cats
4. I love candles, not necessarily to light, but just to have
5. I have been going to the same camp for the past 12-13 years
Now that that's done and out of the way, we can discuss what's really important: PATTERNS. First, I have some finished pieces for you all to enjoy. The first one is a finished piece from one of my patterns made by animeloverblonde09 over at deviantart.
Sprite Stitch). First the pens:
Now, I will give you a couple patterns for your patience. First is a little something for spring: